I havent posted in forever cause we were soo busy this past weekend - we had 3 cookouts in 3 days, it was madness! But it was sooo much fun, we really enjoyed hanging out with all our favorite friends and family. The kids were great, they were real troopers and behaved really well despite being completely exhausted by the end of each day. Saturday we had a cookout with my stepbrother and his wife (Rick and Annie) and her mom (Karin) ... they are so cool to hang out with and funny, we drank wine, and sat around and told stories and laughed until our sides hurt... here is a pic of them with Evan. They're newly weds, no kids yet, but dont they look like naturals?!
Then on Sunday we went to Jenna's grauation party which was also lot of fun!! I got to meet some new people and also see and hang out with old friends that I hadnt seen in a while! The kids had a great time running around playing with friends as well. And lil Evie-kins was passed around like a hot-potato ... everyone wanted to get some holding time in ;). Even Uncle Josh got him to take a nappy - kudos to him! I should have snapped a pic :/ (Em did you get one?)
Monday we got up bright and early and headed to my inlaws house for yet another cookout ... a lil more low key this time, just the immediate family which was nice. We got to see their new pool which they just put a new liner in. My sweet father-in-law always thinking of the kids got a liner that has fish and other sea life all over it... its very cool looking. Lacy and Leo were dying to get in but the water temp was only 70 degrees, WAAAAAY too chiilllllly. Soon though... they'll be in there flapping around like fishes.
So that is what we have spent our Memorial Day weekend doing ... by Tuesday I was exhausted.
I have to mention this because it has been heavy on my heart since yesterday... I talked to one of my best friends on the phone, and she is going through a really tough time, my heart is breaking for her cause I know her heart is in a million pieces right now. But I want her to know that I am praying for her... and that she is a strong beautiful woman and she will pull through this :) with the strength from her man and her 3 amazing children :) and ALL of her best friends standing beside her.
No comments:
Post a Comment