Ever since having a miscarriage back in December and suffering such a heart wrenching loss I have been consumed by thoughts of TTC again. I have tried to ignore it and initially told myself (with reassurance from DH) its just hormones.... but the more I thought about it, the more I truly believe its part of the healing process. Prior to having a miscarriage myself, I didnt think that after suffering such a loss one would immediately want to get pregnant again... I was so very wrong. Its as if theres this void in your heart and soul that needs to be filled by a happy healthy newborn. Thats the best way I can describe it. Anyone that has been through this can probably understand and maybe even those that havent.
We have decided that we arent going to intentionally TTC until late summer-early fall for a number of reasons which I wont bore you with this time around. To me though, summer seems like an eternity away. And although for those reasons I really want to wait, I have this evil twin on my shoulder telling me "what are you waiting for just go for it?" Anyways..... in effort to silence that critter and entertain myself in the mean time I bought the "Egg Timer" aka Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor. While this was a pricey item, it had wonderful reviews on Amazon and worked very well for the majority of people that used it. I have never had problems TTC so I dont really need it for that.... BUT im hopeing it will help me to monitor my cycle so I dont get pregnant before Im ready and I know when it tells me Im in "high" or "peak" fertility ... that means "be CAREFUL". I think even more then that it will entertain my brains preoccupation with TTC until summer when logistically will be much better for us. There are more reasons behind all these Shenanigains but, I just cant say at this point for protection of those who will remain nameless. Hahaha... sorry so secretive.
Anyway... here is a picture of what I bought, I have yet to start using it as Im only on cycle day 3 and you dont start testing until 6, I think??? Just curious if anyone whos reading this has used it before and what they thought or if they liked it ..... or if someone just wants to tell me Im nuts thats ok too, haha
1 comment:
How much do I love my CBEFM?? We used it to avoid until we decided on #2, and when we decided it was the right time, we had nothing but success on the first try! This little machine is SO easy and so fun! Every girl should have one. Enjoy!
Post a Comment