Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Angel Baby

Well after taking a long blogging break, Im back. Things have been insane and I dont plan to take the three days it would take to type it all. If you know me or my family, you know whats been going on and my rambling here will only bore you to tears.

Thus the real reason for this post is not so much to announce my return as it is to share. I wanted to post a poem that I actually came across on another blog... but because it touched so near and dear to my heart... I had to share.

For Our Angel Baby.......................
A heartbeat falls silent. Tiny eyes close. A miniature body No longer grows. Mommy is shattered. Daddy is sad. Fate has erased The plans that they had. Through all of the grief that leaves their hearts torn, There's peace in knowing... An angel was born.


So, that is what I wanted to share. As some may and some may not know, I had a miscarriage the week before Christmas. I am just now coming to a point where Im ready to talk about it to people other then my immediate family (who were the only ones that knew I was pregnant anyway). I never understood such a loss until having had experienced it. There are so many feelings and emotions you go through and yet there are no words to describe them. However, I take great comfort in knowing that God has a plan for mine and my families life... and as heartbreaking a loss as it was for all of us, we are at peace with it.

2 comments:

Just Us said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Amber! I had another friend that was more than halfway through her pregnancy and she miscarried on Christmas (had to do full labor and delivery). It's just such a sad thing, but I know you're right that God has control of it all and your baby and my friend's baby are safe and happy. Hope you're doing okay!

Andrew & Laura said...

I am so, so, so sorry to read this. I know that there's really nothing a person can say to take away the sadness and pain, so I won't say anything except that we're praying for you and keeping your family in our thoughts! <3