Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cabin Fever

WHEW! Do we have a case of it! After being in the house for 3 days straight all I can say is .... COME ON SPRING!! Thankfully its the end of Jan and we only have approx 2 more months of this mess. Today was particularly messy weather wise. After getting about 1.5 - 2 inches of snow yesterday during the day/evening, overnight we then were pommeled with about 1/4 inch of ICE. Chris and Leo went out to do the shoveling. Being that Ive been sick (again!!) since yesterday I decided to stay in and warm with Evan and Lacy. Chris worked really hard shoveling and did our sidewalk, 3 of our neighbors sidewalks up to their front door, and a long common sidewalk that runs in front of our house. He busted ass because the ice/snow combination was heavy to shovel. I also thought it was really nice of him to help out the neighbors all of which had left in the wee hours of the AM to go to work.

Not much else going on news wise. I have started to use my Egg Timer this month officially. Its pretty simple, you turn it on every morning and it tells you (based on your CD) if you need to pee on a stick or not. For now, like Ive said previously, Im using it as a means of prevention as an alternate to BCP. Not that I have issue with people using BCP they work great, its just... not for me. I hate taking any kind of medicine outside of Advil for the occasional headache. Plus since we'll be TTC this summer I see no point in using any other means of BC. Well thats just me.

Now Im going to go try and get some house work done. Since Im not feeling very well Im not very motivated. BAH.

1 comment:

Katamaran said...

Yay for using your egg timer :0) I too am beyond ready for spring! Sadly only 1/3 of winter has passed, boo! Of course your hubby is amazing for helping the neighbors and such, he's that rare bread of man that's still chivalrous. Hope you get to feeling better soon mama!