Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So much to say, so little time

WOW so it has been a while since I last posted. Sorry about that. Things have been a bit hectic. Lets see........ Chris had his wisdom teeth out and a one of his molars a week ago today, he did really well with it and only took Motrin for pain. It wasnt nearly as traumatic as we thought it would be from past stories we had heard. Thank goodness. He only missed 3 days of work.... I'd say thats pretty good for having 5 teeth pulled! Cheers for the tough guy!

This past Saturday we walked in the Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides Walk. Our team came out strong with about 20 people and raising over $2000 dollars! We were very proud of that. However there was only one other team walking besides us so the entire thing much more small scale then it use to be in past years. Im not exactly sure why or what happened, I wasnt involved in the planning of the actual walk. Next year however I plan to be on the committee as does Lacys dad so hopefully we can put our heads together with the event planner and make it a bigger event with more things to do next year. The day was a scorcher I think it was 100 degrees in the shade! We did the best we could to stay in the shade and drink cold water. Lacy's dad brought some water guns so the kids had a blast playing with them since they were filling them with the icy water from the cooler that was keeping all the bottles of water cold.

We have spent the last 3 afternoons/evenings swimming at my in-laws house. The weather since Saturday has continued to be in the 90s everyday with high humidity. Theres nothing else to do BUT swim when its that hot. The kids love the pool, even Evan kicks and splashes around to entertain himself. I'll post some pictures later right now I have to hit the road to go get my hair highlighted and cut YAY! Im always up for a lil pampering at the salon :)! I'll try and post some pictures tonight if I can of this past weeks events.

No comments: