Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quick Update...

Quick because its late and Im exhausted after a very LONG but successful weekend. We got the lease signed on Thur - YAY! Thanks to my saint of a mother!! I was at work but she so kindly picked up my dad and took him to the new apt to do all the paperwork! So that then meant that Friday was our official moving day! It was one HECTIC day for sure! But in the end with all the help of the kids and spouses we got 'er done! We started about 930am and finished up about 11pm... but hey we did it all in one day! Dad is settling in well to his new apt and I think he's really going to like it there. The stuff that we moved has already been unpacked ... so he's got his fully stocked kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom - which thanks to Jenna hung all of his 8 million shirts on hangers! The man is a pack rat, then again, so am I ;), at least I get it honestly. All the residents of the apt have been very nice and welcoming, and even though my dad isnt much of a socialite its nice to know the people around are pleasant and are all around his age. I know he's happy to have his own place, and probably more then anything be able to cook his own food. He still has some settling in to do but we'll get there. Ive been going over everyday to check on him and take him anything he needs. He still isnt driving yet and I think thats a ways off ... if ever. I'd honestly rather him never drive again, but he's hell bent on it, we'll see. He'll have to pass the MVA re-exam first, thankfully. Alright, well enough of my rambling for tonight! I'll post more later.

No comments: