Sunday, November 16, 2008

its the holiday season...

As I am catching up reading everyone elses blogs I realize its been a while since I had written in mine. Nothing to profound is going on. Just working and trying to get ready for Christmas. Is it me or does it seem like every year Christmas music starts playing earlier and earlier?! While I do LOVE Christmas music, the sound of it also makes me a bit anxious at the approaching madness that goes along with the Christmas/New Year week. I am by far not done my Christmas shopping and I really have probably only scratched the surface with the shopping Ive done thus far. I also think financially people are in a different place this year then they have ever been in past years. Truth of the matter is money is tight for everyone for one reason or another we're all in a "conservation" mode for the most part when it comes to spending. SO with that said, I am hoping this year to try and get the kids to focus more on the importance of family and celebrating the birth of Baby Jesus then so focused on "things". All I know is we are cutting back this year.

Also this year I have decided that I am not decorating my tree. Yes, I will be putting my tree up. Its quite an adorable tree actually. Its a little 6ft faux tree with the lights already on it, which I LoVe. Even without decorations this tree is adorable. Anyway, I may put a few special ornaments around the top of the tree but other then that - nothing. Why? WELL, anyone that knows my adorable little Evie-kins knows why... because Mr Evan has so appropriatly earned his nickname Stickey Fingers. And Mr Stickey Fingers is into EVERY-THING! You name it he's into it. He has even stuffed toy cars and wooden train tracks into my husbands sub-woofer (sp?) speaker for the surround sound system! Therefore I will not decorate the tree just to have Mr Stickey Fingers come along and un-decorate it for me numerous times a day, then I will re-decorate it, then he will un-decorate it... so forth and so on. Plus my poor ornaments will never survive such abuse, or heaven forbid the hole in the sub-woofer!

Before I go here is a quick update on the kids .....
Lacy- Doing really well, staying healthy, and thinks shes 9 going on 19 :p, cheers. She did incredibly well on her first quarter report card and got all A's and 1 B. I am so proud of her for doing so well. Her reward is that she gets to go out to dinner with me and my friend Erin and we're going to Red Lobster which she loves and she gets to pick out whatever she wants on the menu. She has also started playing the clairnet this year and has taken to it very well and is learning quickly.
Leo - is WILD. He is very interested in everything and how things work and what things are and he askes a million questions all the time. It so cute to hear him asking questions and trying to figure out how something works. He also goes to pre-school 2 days a week and really looks forward to going. I figured out he was learning to write his name in school when I kept finding little random papers all over the house with about 20 letter L's written all over them. hahaha.
Evan - I can hardly believe that my little baby Evan is about to turn 1. Where has the time gone? It breaks my heart to see him getting bigger but at the same time I love to watch him grow and learn and smile and WALK! In this past week or 2 he has gotten really good at walking and he gets this huge smile on his face as he comes across the floor to me cause he's so proud of himself and he cant wait until he gets to me and we hug and get so excited!! Its just the most adorable thing ever and my heart melts everytime. He also is getting tough and trying to stick up for himself with big brother Leo, its comical to watch yet at the same time I feel like a refaree.

That is enough for tonight, I will try to be better about updating my blog at least once a week for all of my loyal followers who have since quit checking LOL

No comments: