Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just for Jen :-D

Today has been a pretty productive day. This morning I got up took Leo to preschool, hung out at my moms for a few hours during preschool and then headed home afterwards. Chris was off work today but instead of going to Eburg with us this morning he had a eye dr appt to have his eyes checked. Keep in mind he's always had great vision, never needed glasses. Lately however his left eyelid has been twitching so he wanted to go have it checked. Anways, after the eye exam he calls me and tells me the vision in his left eye is really bad .... Im thinking wow that sucks he was going around all that time with bad vision in one eye. He calls me back a bit later and tells me his "bad" eye sight is like 20/50. Im like WHAT?! THATS IT!!! I told him I only wished my eyes were 20/50 .... no joke, mine are 20/400!!

Well we spent the majority of the afternoon cleaning out our cars :p ... an arduous task to say the least. But it was a gorgeous day and it was something that needed to be done. My hubby was so kind to wash & wax my Jeep! I was impressed! He also washed his car but didnt have time to wax it. I vaccumed and cleaned all the crap out of my Jeep. I dont know about you all ... but with kids... my car always ends up looking like a homeless family lives in it! Just lots of random stuff every where that for one reason or another never gets brought into the house. I try to clean it out every couple months at least otherwise it gets bad. The kids, Leo inparticular, are always dragging toys out to the car, until eventually they cover the floor in the backseat :/ ... not to mention the stray and extremely stale cheeto, french fry, and goldfish cracker that end up scattered throughout the back seat. Anyways ... its all clean and vaccumed now! It was some backbreaking work all bent over and hunched over trying to get in under and around the seats :p. We have a shopvac so that works great to drag outside and vaccum the car. I even vaccumed the trunk!

The MAIN reason we cleaned out the Jeep is because... ****drum roll**** for the first time since our honeymoon Chris and I are going away for the weekend! I cant wait! Its going to be so strange to not have the kids around. We're going to Deep Creek Lake. Chris has never been there so Im excited to show him how pretty it is... he's all into the outdoors, mountains, woods type of scene so I know he'll enjoy it. Im very excited though I feel a lot of "mom guilt" for leaving the kids. Lacy and Leo im not so worried about because they understand whats going on... but Evie doesnt and I feel bad about that. Although in some ways maybe its better that he doesnt, right?! I just feel bad for leaving him when he's still pretty little... even though I know he'll be fine. I know its important for our marriage for us to take some time for ourselvesand spend some time together without the responsibilites and stresses of life looming over our heads. We're only going Fri - Sun ... so it should be a quick but fun get away :)

2 comments:

Just Us said...

Wow, this is truly an honor! A whole post just for me! And it was a good one too! Yay for a getaway! Sometimes I have to remind myself that even though life is expensive and I feel like I shouldn't "splurge" on some time away from the kid(s), you have to do it to keep both your sanity and your marriage alive. So good for you! Where is Deep Creek? I've never heard of it.

Erin said...

just do me a favor. don't come back and in a few weeks tell me you brought back a little souvenir :). lets do drinks soon!