Thursday, March 5, 2009

Please Pray

Wow! It has been a week since I last blogged. I guess Kat is right... I should blog more often.

Anyways, it has been a rough past 48hrs for me. Upon arriving at work yesterday morning at 7am I was informed that my boss, and dear friend Cindy has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I was dumb founded. I knew she'd been having some medical issues cause I hadnt seen her at work in about 2 weeks. However I had no idea it was that serious. If that was bad enough news then I got floated to another floor for the day, which was a whole other hell hole in and of itself. I spent most of the day either crying or fighting back tears from the stress of work and then thinking about Cindy. She is the nicest lady always willing to give 110% yet wont take anything in return. She is one of the best nurses I have ever known. She is in her 40s and has a son and daughter that are both in college. Her prognosis is actually very good, the cancer has been caught very early, she has 2 of the best surgeons in the area and they are confident that they can get it with surgery. The drs say she may not even need chemo. She will be going in for surgery early Monday morning, so I ask that you please say a prayer for her and her family as they go through this difficult time in their lives. Our unit is having a prayer for her at 7am monday morning, I plan to be there although I am off work that day.

After having such a horrible day at work yesterday I came home to a very sweet hubby. Not only did he have dinner ready, he also baked a pie for dessert after dinner. YUM. Nothing like some comfort food to sooth the nerves. He also bathed and put both boys to bed so that I could be there for a friend of mine who was upset. It really meant a lot to me that he did all of those things and was so sensitive to my feelings knowing that I was fragile and stressed out.

Dad is settling in well to his new apt. He is still having home PT and OT which each come twice a week. So that pretty much fills up his schedule. We (me my bro and sis) have been checking on him everyday. One of us goes and helps him with whatever he might need or picks stuff up at the store that he needs. We've been doing this for the past 2 weeks while he's "settling" into the new place. We're hoping after this week we can each go over once a week and that will be sufficient. Plus I am always close by if theres an emergency or something he'd need in between times. The next big thing is him thinking he can drive. UGH. I am just not ready for this. He thinks he is, but he thinks he can do anything... when in reality, he cant. The Dr had his license suspended so he cant drive until he goes back to the MVA for a re-exam. That gives me a tiny bit of comfort. Although I have no idea what a re-exam involves.... hopefully some actual road driving cause I sure as hell aint getting behind the wheel with him to find out if he's "safe enough" to drive. Please pray about this as well, I know the more time goes by the more of an uproar he's going to get in about this. bleck.

Well I should hit the hay, its been a long exhausting week. Im glad tomorrow is Friday and that the weekend is call for some GORGEOUS weather, woo hoo!! Cant wait for the snow to melt and to be able to get outside and check out all my lil bulbs trying to pop up through the snow! Yay! Antoher side note... I have no been following idol these last few weeks. Not exactly sure why. Ive always been a big fan, and I did watch the auditions but not much since Hollywood week. Mainly because Ive been busy and havent had the time. Anyone whos watching it... is it worthwhile???

Just wanted to say congrats to Andy & Laura on their new baby Molly Rose! She is so beautiful =)

Ok.... goodnight to all and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

He made pie?? Wow, that is a winner right there. :) Also, I know how you feel about your coworker. My grandpa has pancreatic cancer and I just found out today that he's not doing well. So I was kind of startled when I read your post. It makes me so sad.